Sunday, August 30, 2009

A warning to boys

Even Konrad Abeltshauser doesn't need to know English to understand this

The Chronicle Herald has some player interviews from after last night's game.

"Once everyone starts getting more comfortable with each other, the chemistry will be there. We’re seeing it already," said Cheremetiev. "I think with any team, when you’ve got a good bunch of guys together for a long period of time you’ll get better as a team.

"But I think we look better than last year. I remember watching our team last year and not being too sure of what to expect. But this year we’ve brought in a lot of really good rookies and I think we’re going to have a lot better team than last year. I think we’re going to surprise a lot of teams."


Rookie netminder Joel Grondin also played well, putting him in good position to secure the backup job

"I faced a lot of shots and I tried to keep the team in the game as best I could," Grondin said in his native French. "I think I was more comfortable than I was the other night in my first pre-season game. I felt good about the way I kept my focus during the game.

"I think I have a good chance to make the team. That’s what I’m here to do and it’s been two weeks now so I hope I’m getting close."


Used to be moose:

Alexis Piette had his first goal for the Mainiacs today in a win over Shawinigan

Finally, former Mooseheads invisible defenceman Richard Greer has moved on to Cape Breton Eagles camp after being dismissed early from the Montreal Jr's training camp. He played fro the Eagles in last night's game against Saint John. He had no points and was a -2. He is also playing tonight's game against Saint John and so far has no points but spent a little time in the penalty box.

No comments: