Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So much to say

The metro has two stories: one about Gabriel Desjardins and his invite to the under 18 camp, the other on Yuri Cheremetiev and his Russian camp fun.

Both boys have been training hard. At best I do stretches in my living room on some evenings. I consider taking off my clothes a form of exercise*. Apparently little Gabe commits "four and a half hours a day to a wide-ranging routine, working out in Montreal with Mooseheads goalie Mathieu Corbeil. “I got gym, I got ice, I got yoga, I got Thai boxing, I’m doing all that stuff,” Desjardins said. “You know, everything to be focused and ready mentally and physically.

uggg Yoga! Sorry I can't do it. I like my stretching but I hate the idea of paying someone to tell me to stretch...and it is boring as hell. I need to watch tv while doing that stuff. I have no Qi and I can't relax. Fuck Qi! I am an intensely neurotic mutherfucker. I wish I could do yoga, but it makes me want to punch faces. Furthermore, I don't even own any lululemon therefor I simply am forbidden from partaking in the act of Yoga.

Gabe goes on to say: “When I received the call three months ago, Oh, I think I was going to cry,” he admitted. “But you know, it’s a big thing for me to represent Canada. It would be amazing.”

What he really meant was " then I thought for extra training I should do Yoga but I knew that it would be so painfully boring that I would start to cry" ...that is until he remembered that the classes are filled with hot, limber chicks in overpriced spandex.


AUS:
The Dalhousie Tigers hockey team have nabbed former Screaming Eagle/Sea Dog/Foreur and all around small man Francois Gauthier. Don't get me wrong...I like Frank and I am so happy that Dal is finally adding legitimate players to their roster. I was quite upset when he was traded to the Foreurs and then the Sea Dogs flopped around looking for a more useful 20 year old player. Frank shall be playing on the Tigers with his inevitable replacement, Shea Kewin.

Earlier this summer I was sharing beer on a hot sunny day with a friend who has since moved to Vancouver for medical school. I had mentioned that Dal was actually recruiting legitimate hockey players. She asked "why would they do that, don't they suck?" EXACTLY - Dal sucked so bad that even someone who know nothing about hockey knows that they suck. That is when they should know it is time to pick it up.


* this clearly contradicts with my previous blog post in which I mention 10k runs

No comments: