Tuesday, April 21, 2009

rumours and junk and rumours

Remember back in the day when I said every rumour -ish search that comes across my site meter ends up coming true (well I don't know about that 'Roger Kennedy Halifax huge penis' search - but if so, good for him! Who's your Monster now Pierre?)

Well, I just got the following search from an American hockey fan - "garrett clarke traded to halifax". Although I hate unsubstantiated rumours, I am jumping on this before I forget about it and then it maybe possibly comes true.

Last year at the draft Halifax GM Marcel Patenaude tried mixing it up to get a first round pick in hopes of drafting the highly touted defensive prospect Clarke. Clarke had been threatening NCAA only to end up being picked by the Lewiston Maineiacs 6th overall. Maybe he had been offered a mighty financial scholarship in return from Lewiston for reporting (just a guess), and I don't know how they could afford that because Lewiston are dirt poor. Halifax can afford the moolah, and they are likely in the hunt for some more defenceman for next season.

Of course, at this time of year there are no official trades. Everything happens at the draft in June. We will have to wait and see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no way the Maineacs are going to let Clarke go unless someone has an incredible offer or he wants out. Most were surprised he even went to this team to begin with. They have a reputation of not developing talent. Look at this years NHL draft, they have one player who as any chance of going. Gelinas.
Clarke had an up and down year on a team near the basement. Didn't see much ice time and suffered a 12game suspension.
He's definitely a solid blueliner and could help Halifax however just don't see Lewiston giving him up. If he does get to Halifax, defintely a coup for the moose. I guess we'll see next month.

Q-girl said...

I agree. The Maineiacs would have to be crazy to let him go and I don't see how the Moose could possibly have anything that the Maineiacs would want in exchange.

Clearly I just need something to talk about because it is summer and things get dull. I was biting at whatever I could sink my teeth into. Furthermore, not all "searches" that lead people to my site are valid, but this was just too interesting to ignore...and strangely so many things that people search end up eventually coming true. I figure that this is because a few peeps know inside info and later do an internet search in order to validate it. This is when I see their internet search terms - when they come across this site. Maybe the Moose did ask about acquiring Clarke... but if we don't land him then odds are we will never know.

Anonymous said...

Watch for the announcement at the draft. It's a done deal. Halifax got the D man they went for at the 08 draft. Exciting times in mooseland coming.

Q-girl said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I heard it today from one of the players that Clarke is a Moosehead. Apparently he asked to be traded and that Halifax was the only team he would go to. This is great news for us. This kid can play and will only get better. Looks like the Moose got the better of the deal.

Q-girl said...

I can't help but wonder what such a trade would cost.

Anonymous said...

Who knows?! but it wont be official until draft day. cant wait to have this kid in halifax.