Saturday, February 14, 2009

A simple prop, to occupy my time...

Oh kittehs,
Sorry but you just could not hold my attention today. I watched bits and pieces. I still like Linden Bahm's hustle, I always like his hustle. I wish I could give him cookies every day just because he exists.... but alas.

The Halifax Mooseheads lost to the Shawinigan Cataractes by a score of 6-2. Mathieu Corbeil got the start in nets and made 26 saves on 32 shots, 20 of which were dangerous. Cookies go to Travis Randell for a power play goal and for an assist on Charles Bety's marker. I love when guys make me eat my words. A couple of posts ago I said Randell does not belong on the power play, and now he has proven me (temporarily) wrong.

The Moose had 24 shots on net but were held to 8 dangerous shots, despite having 7 (yes 7) power play opportunities, and one power play goal. Discipline was the name of the game again today as the Moose tried to stay out of the box. Shawinigan only had three power play opportunities, and were still able to capitalize on one.

Tomas Knotek dominated faceoffs, winning 16 of 20
Gab O'Connor was rocking bodies into the boards - 7 hits

Shawinigan swept the stars and their goal scorers include:
Vandall(x2) - 2nd star
Macenaeur
Lalonde-McNicoll - 1st star
Petersen(x2) - 3rd star

PS. Cam was sooooooo wrong on having said that he reasonably expected 6 points this weekend.

No comments: