Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday updates: Not you again!

QMJHL players of the week:
Moncton Wildcats goaltender Nicola Riopel is the defensive player of the week. It is his 4th defensive player award this season. Yannick Riendeau of the Drummondville Voltigeurs is the offensive player of the week... also his fourth award this season.

It is a conspiracy. A very, very lazy man's conspiracy. Of the 400-450 or so players in the Q what are the odds that these two, whose names follow each other alphabetically in the league's player profile list, have each won 4 player of the week awards? Not very likely.


I mean really, what are the odds?

Am I paranoid? Such a diagnosis could explain my chronic paranoia! There are all sorts of crazy possibilities floating around in my brain as to what could actually be going on... but I will never know the real truth, so I have no choice but to take people at face value even if they are big fat lying liars.

Maybe Riendeau and Riopel are awesome; I have no choice but to take the QMJHL's word on it. I'll just give them a little side-eye to make my point, which is that I don't trust them. Is there such a thing as virtual side-eye, you know, for use on the internets? There! I have given the QMJHL my side-eye. Take note of it.


Sportsnet Hot/Not is now Mooseheads free:
Hot team: Rimouski Oceanic
Hot player: Yannick Riendeau (Drummondville Voltigeurs)
Cold team: Lewiston MAINEiacs
Cold player Nicolas Deschamps (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)

No comments: