Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is News

I am sick. Not only because kids have come back to town, dragging along with them their exotic diseases from Ontario and Newfoundland, and I, in usual form, have been licking too many dicks (not true) and doorknobs (possibly true), but I am also sick because the Mooseheads have released two players: 19 year old forwards Chad Earle and Matt Snow.

According to Wuest:
The 6-foot-1, 193-pound Earle had seven goals and five assists in 39 games with the Mooseheads, providing offensive hustle and the ability to put the puck on the net. Snow, a speedy 5-foot-10, 180-pounder from Halifax, had three goals and six assists in 25 games.


Sigh. Chad Earle, ye shall be missed.


I am about to be mean now - do not read this Mr Boland.

WHAT THE FUCK? EARLE GOES AND BOLAND STAYS. FUCK YOU PATENAUDE. Earle, 8th in goals on the team - gone- so we can keep Boland's toughness, which basically equals a bunch of lost fights, 1 goal, 2 assists and a bum shoulder. Not only that, but amongst the guys who have played more than 30 games on the team, Earle has one of the better +/- stats, at -8, and a whole lotta hustle. Some would say "Earle is soft", to which I would reply "soft is nice for touching".

This makes Gerrad Grant's, December player of the month award seem so much less bitterness inducing. Grant won player of the month for one goal, an assist an a 0+/-. Earle had 1 goal, one assist and a -2 for the month of December. Matt Snow also had a 1 goal and 1 assist with a 0+/-. One gets a prize, the other two get dropped from the team - because they are 19.

Why do I get attached?


At least I still have puppy, the Moosehead's winner of the RDS mid-season rookie excellence award. Here, from the QMJHL website, is the full list of winners (stupid dolts, they spelled his* name wrong):

Jonathan Lessard – Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Christopher Giroux - Baie-Comeau Drakkar
Christopher Holden - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
Sean Coulton - Chicoutimi Saguenéens
Dmitry Kulikov - Drummondville Voltigeurs
Olivier Croteau - Gatineau Olympiques
Jessyco Bernard - Halifax Mooseheads *
Étienne Brodeur - Lewiston MAINEiacs
Brandon Gormley - Moncton Wildcats
Guillaume Asselin – Montreal Juniors
Ben Duffy – P.E.I. Rocket
Dmitri Kugryshev - Quebec Remparts
Patrick Delisle-Houde - Rimouski Océanic
Sergey Ostapchuk - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
Stephen MacAulay - Saint John Sea Dogs
Pierrick Martel - Shawinigan Cataractes
Alex Noël - Val-d’Or Foreurs
Brandon Hynes – Victoriaville Tigres

2 comments:

Jennifer Hammer said...

I love this post, I feel your anger, the raw emotion.

And I had to remember to write that I loved it when I got to a computer. I cannot wait to get mine back. There's only so much that can be done with cell phone internet.

Q-girl said...

It does not help that I am sick, overworked and sleepless. It makes me much more volatile.