Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's a slow news day when I am forced to tell you about Jhase Sniderman

You remember Jhase right? The Moncton Wildcats goalie was traded to Rouyn-Noranda for his overage season, started in November and won 7 straight and then lost a couple and got dumped for 'the Gouge' over the Christmas trading period. Jhase then moved home to Ontario and played for the London Knights when Steve Mason brought his smooth puck handling skills, awesome eyebrows and crunchy-crunchy faces from London to Kitchener.

Well, Jhase has signed on to play nets for the UPEI panthers. To support and promote plagiarism, I am going to paste a snippit from PEI's The Guardian newspaper right here:

The UPEI Panthers may have found their next starting goaltender.

Jhase Sniderman may not be a costumed super hero, but he did earn the nickname during his four-year major junior hockey career for his acrobatics in the crease.

“I’m pretty athletic,” said Sniderman, 21, who said a lifetime of summer vacations on P.E.I. was a key factor in his commitment to join the Atlantic University Sport men’s hockey conference team for the 2008-09 season.

But the Toronto native, who described himself as a hybrid between a butterfly and standup netminder, added that his experience with UPEI head coach Dylan Taylor sealed the deal.

“Dylan was above and beyond anything I expected during the recruiting process,” said the six-foot goalie.

“He showed me the school and around the Island and he’s been there to answer any questions I’ve had. He seemed different than the other coaches.

“And the chance to come in and play right away, I’m pretty excited about that.”


To learn more about Jhase (fascinating, really, hmmmm) you should check out this older article from the London Free Press.

Then, look at the comments section in the PEI newspaper. I told you these people love to bitch - bitch, bitch, bitch. Anywho, why doesn't Travis Fullerton have a college position yet - all the jobs are gettin' gone boy, and my panties are gettin' all back up on me. Someone had best deal with this 'situation' soon.


No comments: