Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right

Slack assed? I know!

Admittedly, I have missed blogging about the past two Mooseheads games which took place on the road in Rimouski. The first was a 9-6 loss and the second a 2-1 loss. Travis Randell had a hattie in the 9-6 loss, hence why he got cookies, while all of Delmas, Bernard, Gelinas and Amyot sustained serious injuries and did not even have cold cookies which they could use as ice packs. So sad!

Poor crippled and broken boys trapped alone with nothing to hump on them over the "weekend of love" except their road roomie.

Cookies for the Valentines day game go to Corbeil - because he is my #1 QMJHL boyfriend, because it was valentines AND because he allowed only 2 goals in 31 shots despite playing with a somewhat injured knee. I am beginning to believe that he grows his hair all 'up and out' so that he can be a peacock for me. It's just his way of bringin' his shine.

So last weekend was a bit of a bust. While I was hoping at least for an infinite number of over-time games - that just won't be happening. I never get what I want anyway, so I should be used to this by now. I am a pessimist so I don't hope for wins - that would be too much to ask for. All I really want now is for the boys to be able to bring it into overtime.

*sigh*

There is some good news in Mooseworld, however. Pascal Amyot was nominated as the Mooseheads candidate for the Marcel Robert Smartypants Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence...or something like that. Good for him. He should be proud of being smarter than the other hockey players (sometimes it doesn't take much - oh, snap!).

Travis Randell was also the team's scholastic player of the month. This is AFTER he told us in last Month's Faces magazine that he was sucking out in school last term (in so many words).

Speaking of Faces Magazine (which I absolutely hate because it is a frivolous piece of fluff) - there is a profile on My Beloved Jessyko Bernard in the February issue. They also have the "best of" voting going on right now - so you can vote for your favorite Moosehead. Last year Yeti won....and we all know how awesome his life is right now (double snap). It's OK though because he has his faces magazine "Favorite Moosehead" prize and his " 2009 Director's Choice" award to keep him warm.

Is that mean?

Good! I have every right to be a miserable bitch sometimes! Sometimes you try to be nice and it gets you nowhere, which is why I am just going to be the bitch 'someone' always thought I would be. Eventually everybody is just trash to be thrown out and feasted upon by freegans. Right? Fuckin' garbage eating hippies.

Can you tell that I am in a hideous mood? I have been for a while now. I am angry. I am fighting angry! I am explosively angry! If I had atomic bomb capabilities like Sylar on Season 1 of Heroes I would probably try to take the whole world down with me. I WANT to sink to whole new lows... but I am not a complete asshole. Not even when scorned.

I have been listening to far too much Fiona Apple and while it does not make me miserable, in and of itself, she does basically manage to touch on all of my recent emotional states. She's my kindred spirit (the OTHER one who is not Alex Lemieux). 

I can't seem to take pride in all the awesome things I have done in the past month - like get my paper published in a prestigious science journal and whiddle my waist down by two inches - all I do is dwell on the most miserable things. I kinda don't want to write the blog because my sense of humour has gone out the door with my...whatever else it is that I have lost (Joie du vivre?). What's the point if I can't deliver the goods?

Q-girl can't seal the deal! I am so sorry for that. I hate to disappoint people. If you have read my profile you will notice that I even hate to disappoint my i-pod. I am a bit of a mierenneuker. I want perfection from myself and lately I just can't produce.

Tonight the Moose take on the #1 ranked Saint John Sea Dogs. How will they do? Will I be willing to blog about it in a witty and insightful manner or will I just slump home and proceed to dig myself deeper into my pit of misery? Stay tuned.

Edit - News Links
Playing to his potential - A Desjardins' story

*post title courtesy of Fiona Apple

No comments: