The second miracle - the Halifax Mooseheads (8-25-1-2) defeated the Saint John Sea Dogs (30-6-1-0) in their barn by a score of 4-2. Jessyko Bernard had the game winning goal and Mathieu Corbeil made 33 saves for the win. My 3 boyfriends were rocking tonight. Even my defenceman boyfriend Sawyer Hannay had an assist and a team best +2 for the game.What would it be called if I had 3 boys in my bed at once (for snuggling)? Foursome is just too boring. Let's call it a tetra pack! One person for every goal. Cookies in bed?
Halifax was 2-4 on the powerplay and had 4 goals on 24 shots. Amyot, Bety and Gelinas had the other goals for the Mooseheads.
Other amazing things:
- Grant had 2 assists and is now on an 8 game point streak, currently tied with Danick Paquette (Remparts) for the longest current streak in the league.
- Travis Randell won 13 of 20 faceoffs and is now some sort of faceoff ninja
- Gillard is injured. I would ask if he wants me to kiss him better where it hurts, but he is a Newfie and thus I know he would suggest something naughty. Damn Newfies and their boy bits...always causing trouble.
- New behbeh defencemen Trey Lewis and Jamie Bishop were playing and Bishop had a point and was awarded with the 3rd star of the game.
- Desjardins, Gelinas, Dimitruk and Lemieux also had assists.
- Carl Gelinas is the Mooseheads' winner of the RDS mid-season rookie excellence award.
Lineup: Mooseheads at Sea Dogs
Herd's patchwork D gets job done
Also, Konrad Abeltshauser is doing awesome in France with the German junior team and is a +8 in 3 games. Go, K Go.
Other crazy news - Twenty year old goaltender Nicola Riopel (Moncton Wildcats) will be returning to the Q after playing a half season with the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL.