Am I doing my 'no job' well enough by just stating that fact alone?
No! Too bad. If I am in the mood I will blog more later.
Special note to a goalie,
Stay classy Joel Grondin.
Abeltshauser quickly making his mark on Mooseheads
Lineup: Oceanic at Mooseheads
Moose are unable to fend off Rimouski, lose 4-3
- Three Mooseheads goals by Randall, Gillard and Gelinas.
- Joel Grondin had some wonderful saves and he had another assist tonight. Kisses to the goalie.
- This is Yuri's second game in a row without a single shot on net.
- Sometimes I wonder why Randell is paired with Knotek...then he goes and gets a goal just to tell me to go fuck myself. I like his spite (with a sprinkling of assist + a cherry on top).
- Carl Gelinas had 7 shots on net.
- Talk about a failure to pass. Oh sure, everyone was trying to pass, the puck just never made it from tape to tape.
- Abeltshauser/Clarke - stop it with the turnovers. I know that Abeltshauser was on the ice for that ill-fated, short-handed goal by Patrice Cormier... but at least two defencemen can be held responsible for that giveaway. Other unknown defenceman on the ice (i am guessing it was Clarke) - please also sit in the corner and think about what you have done.
- Steve Gillard made me clap. Cookies to Gillard for correcting his own mistake (please don't expect me to remember the details) and for a goal.
- Matt Stoddard, scoring machine? Can someone please explain why he was (temporarily???) put on the top line? Our goaltender, Grondin, has 2 more points than Stoddard. This does not bode well for the guy who was brought in to provide secondary scoring.
- Stoddard also had a penalty shot. He lost control of the puck.
- Actually, our "lines" make no sense at all.
- Tomas Knotek gets a much deserved star for winning 19 of 27 faceoffs and for his 7 shots on net. Even then there were times when I thought he could have shot instead of passing.
- Moose 2/8 on the PP.
- The Moose could not even get control of the puck when Dopud was down, out, AND stickless. These are wasted opportunities. I have seen 'Timbits' take better advantage of an empty net.