Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Damn, I hate the Penguins

...and the stupid fuckers keep pulling moves to try to make me like them. Moves like LeTang, Grant, Veilleux and NOW ZACH SILL.

According to an article published this morning in the Times and Transcript, Sill, a Nova Scotia native and sexy, sexy, overage MONSTER* for the Moncton Wildcats has signed a 25 game try out contract with the Wilkes Barr Scranton Penguins. I was hoping he would go the university route (just for me).

Maybe the Dirty Penguins decided that they needed him after they saw the way he could shut down Veilleux.

"He's coming off two tremendous seasons with us and I certainly think he's ready to play in the AHL. It will give him a chance to show Pittsburgh and other organizations where he fits in terms of pro hockey. For my money, he's certainly good enough to be a regular in the AHL next season.''

Sill was selected in the eighth round of the 2005 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft and he played two seasons for Moncton. He had 24 points, including nine goals, in 58 games this season and led the club with 224 hits.

MEOW

The native of Truro, N.S. is a two-way centre who's a fan favourite for his physical style of play. He's an energy player who excels in a checking role, kills penalties and chips in offensively.

Sill, who left for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Penn. on Sunday, will be a free agent after this season.

"He's an eighth-round draft pick who came into our league and progressed to the point where he's now a free agent who's drawing considerable NHL interest,'' said Flynn. "You have to give him lots of credit because he's worked hard for it.


Unsung Hero? What are your secret skills?

I am very serious about my Sill. I mean- have you seen his tongue? Ummmmmm I mean game... have you seen his game, yeah game!!!

Sill picture from the Moncton Wildcats website
* playoffs = too much Pierre McGuire

No comments: