Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where does it hurt?

Today when I was doing much cooing about Travis Fullerton, goaltender for the UNB Varsity Reds, my boyfriend pointed out to me that I am really pushing my luck on this goalie thing. I conceded, shut up, and just watched my hockey with vastly reduced cooing but with the requisite amount of situationally appropriate oohhing and ahhhing. I did not admit it to boyfriend but it still hurt in my ovaries.

Sportsnet has been covering the CIS championship tournament and the UNB Varsity Reds will be going on to play in the finals after having defeated the Lakehead Thunderwolves 3-1, and the U of Alberta Golden Bears by a score of 6-3.

Travis Fullerton was only 26 seconds from a shutout against the Thunderwolves....Doh!!! Fullerton (or Seymour, Clendenning, Gallant etc...) and his UNB VReds will be going on to face the University of Western Ontario Mustangs tomorrow at 2:00 EST. The game will be broadcast on sportsnet

For more information and game recaps check out the CIS championship website. If game recaps are not your thing - there is also a photogallery. mmmmmmmm Fullerton.

PS. Did you know that Desfosses was playing for McGill?...well he is. So much for that IHL thing.

No comments: