Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So it is a supper date then?

Just a few quick points:

1) The Montreal Junior now have pictures from Monday's game up on their website. Most of the pics are of Junior players, but I saw Yeti, Stransky, MacAskill, Yeti, Randell, the backs of some Moose jerseys, and Yeti again.

2) The Chronicle Herald has posted a story and interview with Logan MacMillan in which they discuss his return to the Metro Centre this Saturday with the Rimouski Oceanic.

"I really have no idea what to expect," MacMillan said. "I’ve never been in the situation of getting traded and then coming back to the place where you played three and a half years. It’s all going to be new to me.

"I remember Kevin Cormier getting traded and Garrett Peters too. I was close to those guys and they just said it was all really weird; walking into the building and going to the visiting dressing room, then coming out on to the ice from the other end. I’m expecting it to feel the same way for me — weird."

"I kind of knew it was coming so it wasn’t too bad, but it was definitely different coming to a new city and putting on a different jersey," said MacMillan, selected in the second round of the 2005 QMJHL draft by the Mooseheads. "Those kinds of things did take a while to soak in.

"But it’s been great here. There have been great crowds in all the games up here. They pack the rink every night and they’re right on top of you and they’re really into it. That’s been fun."

Logan still owes me a dinner at The Cut Steakhouse from way back in July when he signed his contract with the Ducks. Cha-ching. Well he probably doesn't remember that he owes me a dinner, in fact he probably never knew he owed me a dinner... so I just thought I would let him know. He needs a good gourmet dinner since he is a boy in recovery. He was not playing with Rimouski last week because of injury. When he was out they suddenly became awesome, and have won their last 5 contests. Do you think that Logan is cursed?

3) News links, now with more criticism:
Chris Cochrane (Chronicle Herald) - Rainmen, Moose send bad vibes.
*bad link now corrected

4) Did you see that "hooked-up" segment with Matt Boland that aired on Eastlink when the Moose were playing the Remparts? Delightful! Personality is 1/2 of hockey, at least for women. Look at Boland laugh at children (or with children, whatever) because they can't read. Equally delightful. If they stick around long enough I do eventually grow to like them.

5) Oops - Moncton have fallen out of the CHL top ten:
1. Windsor Spitfires (44-6-0-1)
2. Vancouver Giants (44-4-0-3)
3. Calgary Hitmen (44-7-3-1)
4. Shawinigan Cataractes (40-11-2-0)
5. Drummondville Voltigeurs (40-9-0-3)
6. Quebec Remparts (39-10-0-3)
7. London Knights (37-12-0-2)
8. Belleville Bulls (34-14-2-2)
9. Saskatoon Blades (38-12-3-1)
10. Brampton Battalion (34-14-1-1)

No comments: