Sunday, November 23, 2008

WOW...Moose Win

The Halifax Mooseheads defeated the Saint John Sea Dogs by a score of 4-2. Mathieu Corbeil gets the win for the Moose after stopping 31 of 33 shots on net for a 0.939 save %. Le Sigh Mathieu, just... le sigh. Thanks for backstopping that win. I am glad you were voted my number 1 QMJHL boyfriend. The world is turning on Yetman...do you think he noticed?

Scoring for the Mooseheads were Tomas Knotek, Saint Bernard, Travis Randell and Yuri Cheremetiev (unassisted). Cheremetiev also had two assists and was awarded first star of the game. McDonald, MacDonald, Bernard, Pender and Piette also had assists.

When the Moose were up 3-1, my beloved Michael Kirkpatrick scored and almost foiled our plans, bringing the Dogs to within one. Luckily (or through hard work, perserverence and magical baby goalie power) we held on for the win. The Moose were outshot (33 to 29), out hit and out face-offed but still managed to bring the cookies home to momma...and just when I had given-up on never seeing another win in my life.

Well actually, I never did see that win, because the computer I am working on did not have the correct software to allow me to watch the streaming video...but still, you know what I mean.

Thank you boys (-1). I feel better already.

No comments: