I am lazy... so today is a point form update day:
1) The Mooseheads lost to the Drummondville Voltigeurs by a score of 5 to 1. The only Mooseheads goal was by rookie and delightfully accented "frere Jacques" chanteur Charles Bety. Three of Drummondville's goals came on the powerplay, and they only had four powerplay opportunities. Two of those penalties were the property of Yuri Cheremetiev. Dear Yuri, WTF? Who are you? Why are you here? What are you doing? You are a 19 year old who has been on this team forever. You had just under 0.5 PPG last year. This year in 11 games you have one goal and one assist. Think about that one for a second and then tell me again - why are you here?
For a game review check out Matthew Wuest at the Metro or Willy Palov at the Herald. There is an amazingly sexy pic of Yeti in the Metro. Coach Cam Russel has been quoted in the Metro as saying "I wouldn’t say it was our best game. We didn’t respond the way we’re capable of. Our younger guys played well, but our older guys could have played harder.”
2) The Shawinigan Cataractes have dominated the QMJHL offensive and defensive player of the week awards. Matthew Pistilli (with pine nuts) is the QMJHL offensive player and Simon Lacroix is defensive player of the week.
3) The Sea Dogs have acquired a 19 year old free agent winger from the OHL's 2007-2008 champion Kitchener Rangers, Russian born American Alexei Dostoinov. Dostoinov had 6G-8A14P in 36 games played for the Rangers.
4) The Titan defeated the PEI Rocket and my Titan boyfriend Tomy Joly had 2 goals. Need I say Rawr?
5) Rumor has it that the Mooseheads are bringing up yet another 19 year old. This time it is 19 year old St John's Fog Devils/Montreal Junior reject 'tough guy' Matt Boland. The evidence is available at the QMJHL website under Boland's player profile, apparently we picked him up on Sept 12th. Huh, the things that slip through the cracks. In 54 games with the Fog Devils last season the left winger had 2 goals, 2 assists, was a -5, and racked up 125 penalty minutes. Sounds useful *despondent sigh*.
6) After a year of the girls telling me I am crazy for my obsession with a lustyworth young goaltender, they suddenly see the hotness. We then partook in some mad giggling biznazz. Yes, they really see 'it'...and now suddenly they want to be going to University hockey games with me. Bitches please!!! You just like him for his looks. I like him for his skillz...and his looks. They like him best when he looks clean. I like him in all his ways: clean, scruffy, dirty, pimply, sweaty, and maybe someday covered in my dew. Mmmmmmmmm goalie.