- Atlanta picks scrappy Danick Paquette of the Lewiston Maineiacs with their 64th. He and former Lewy teammate Chad Denny can now get all up in a tree together - in Atlanta.
- Philly likes us, they really like us. # 67 is for 19 year old defenceman Marc-Andre Bourdon of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. Bourdon is an offensive defenceman, he has been waiting by his phone for years. *ring ring* - yes Andre we do love you!
- Everybody loves Mathieu Brodeur. He is a sweet little big thing, and soooooo sensitive. He is our big teddy bear. What girl doesn't want a 6'5" defenceman who will cry on her shoulder? Wayne Gretzky feels the same way, which is why the Coyotes picked him 76 overall.
- Oh me Oh My!!! Goaltender Marco Cousineau of the Drakkar has been drafted at #83 by Anaheim. Before Poulin (deservedly so) before Robert Mayer (also deservedly so) and before Tokarski (strangely enough). Marco is a low hype, low maintenance kinda guy but he does deserve his props. I dislike Marco for one reason and one reason only - he looks like one of my ex- boyfriends (one of the Evil ones). Marco was a workhorse this season. He had 35 wins and 19 losses, with a 2.81 GAA and a 0.903 save %. A 2.81 GAA is good for the Q - trust me. Just please don't look at his stats from 2006-2007 ...unless you want a good cry.
- Samuel Groulx at last. Skinny little Sam (can I call you Sam?) goes to San Jose at #92.
- Groulx's Quebec Remparts teammate, import centreman Mikhail Stefanovich, has been drafted 98th by Toronto. This is killing the fans of Quebec, like little knives in their hearts.
- Jordon Southorn of the PEI (just 1) Rocket has been selected 104th overall by Buffalo. He is offensively minded with 12 G and 19A. Unfortunately, he was a -10 for the regular season... but maybe that is not his fault, PEI did lack some bill paying skills. Still - I hate to see a D in the red. Southorn has made the jump up the list, from #122 among NA skaters to #104.
- the CBJ are sooooo smart. I love the CBJ. They have chosen gigantico defenceman Steven Delisle of the President's cup winning Gatineau Olympiques with their 107 pick. I am shaking my fists violently with joy.
- Colorado picks wee sprig Kelsey Tessier (a maritime boy - awww shucks) at #110. I was starting to get worried. I looked everywhere for Tessier - under the bed, in the bed (nope not there), in the catfood, under the cat. He was nowhere to be found. Then I checked my boot - the 4 inch stiletto one. He was all curled up in there sleeping. Draft day is exhausting.
I just had thoughts - weird, I know. We traded the rights to Maxime Sauve for Marchand - both boys are now Boston picks. Let's see which one makes the team first shall we *evil laugh*. The Mooseheads fans will be bitching for YEARS about this. YEARS and YEARS and YEARS. We hold a huge grudge. You know I can hold a grudge becase of the Cousineau thing - I mean, I dated the guy that looks like Cousineau 10 years ago and I still HATE him. It is all fun and games until somebody loses an eyebrow (hopefully Marchand - his eyebrows are fug).
Montreal picked up a 6'8" goalie. I am drooling all over myself - that is almost ...Chara sized. Un-fucking believable. I don't now if a goalie that big can actually function - I thought the skill dropoff started at 6'4".