Saturday, May 3, 2008

IIHF Mania: USA vs Latvia - Who is that pretty little Devil?

America defeated Latvia (or Latvija) 4-0. Tim Thomas (Bos) got the shut out and Paul Martin (NJ) was the USA player of the game. Martin was on the ice for all 4 USA goals. I have included a link here for a PDF with the game details.

Team USA was not being cheered. The locals were pro-Latvia, as were the 1000 Latvians which have invaded Halifax.


Tim Thomas was the USA starting goaltender. He had a shutout.


Paul Martin was the USA player of the game


Zach Parise = Zach Parise. Need I say more? Sigh. Zach had the third goal of the game.


Funny story: I saw a puckbunny and I was like DAMN, that is one serious puckbunny. Later I was walking back to my seat from a beer run and I saw my Jr players (Eric Louis-XVI, Yuri Cheremetiev, Gabriel O'Connor, Travis Randell and Justin Pender) then I saw the bunny, she was with them. Oy. Funny how you can recognize a bunny from 1000 miles away.

No comments: