Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quick links

Moore on the Moose

A Guillaume Pelletier story from the Chronicle Herald.
The Halifax Mooseheads forward has hardly played any hockey in the past year thanks to a painful knee injury he suffered while playing for the Rimouski Oceanic last season. Pelletier broke his kneecap just before Christmas and missed the remainder of the season, with the exception of one game in Halifax at the end of the schedule.

...As if that wasn’t bad enough, Pelletier found out just nine days later he had been traded. He was part of the deal that sent forward Logan MacMillan to Rimouski, which deprived Pelletier of the opportunity to play in the Memorial Cup as part of the host team.

"I was a little bit disappointed about that but I was really interested in coming here," Pelletier said. "It’s a nice organization and I told (former Mooseheads general manager) Marcel (Patenaude) it would be something good for my future.

"I like it here. The organization, the billets and everything around the team is great. It’s really good here."


Mastercard CHL top 10
1. Calgary Hitmen (2-0-0-0)
2. Drummondville Voltigeurs (4-0-0-0)
3. Windsor Spitfires (0-1-0-1)
4. Gatineau Olympiques (4-0-0-0)
5. Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors (1-0-0-0)
6. Saskatoon Blades (1-0-0-0)
7. Quebec Remparts (3-0-1-0)
8. London Knights (1-0-0-0)
9. Brandon Wheat Kings (1-1-0-0)
10. Saint John Sea Dogs (4-0-0-0)


Hooray's for Maxime Clermont - the CHL goaltender of the week. Feed him marshmallows.

Now that is a power play. PEI are actually starting to scare me.

Links are easy.

1 comment:

Zack said...

3. Windsor Spitfires (0-1-0-1)


When I first saw the top 10 (without records) I wondered what Windsor had done this weekend, I'm glad to discover that it was absolutely nothing.