Do you lack self esteem? You act like a girl who thinks she is ugly. You need a little confidence. You are not ugly. Today you played like you just got a new haircut. Did somebody tell you that you were pretty? It is true. You are pretty. Now let’s go shoe shopping.
Once again Pender, Bernard, Stransky and Pelletier are out for the Moose. Yetman gets the start.
The team played with a lot of energy in the first period - which is expected from a team who gets themselves up and manages to maintain the lead. Key word = confidence.
- The First goal was by Piette with assists by Desjardins and Louis-XVI
- The Second goal was by Desjardins with an assist by Louis-XVI.
- After the second goal Nauta was pulled for Levesque *take a note,
Cam. It might make one boy feel bad but there are 19 others on that bench*.
- There was a lot of end to end puck movement at the end of the first period and overall the Mooseheads outshot the Sags 11-9, won more faceoffs (12-7) and threw more hits.
- Desjardins was speedy and everywhere
- Scrums are funny and goalies look so weird just standing there being casual in the middle of it all.
Second period ‘action’ starts with a huge hit by Bona on Roussel at center ice. Saucy talk ensues and Bona gets sent to the box to give the Sags their first PP, in which
The five minute penalty was killed effortlessly (well I assume there was some sweating and stress involved… but they made it look so easy). Yetman played wonderfully in high pressure situations, like with 9 guys seemingly piled within a two foot perimeter around his net.
Shortly thereafter the Sags got their first goal, by Jalbert, on their 16th shot at 11:10 into the second.
is speedy and wonderful Linden
- Knotek had a good chance but fanned on it.
- Sags picked it up in the second, but it had very little result with ample opportunities.
- Almost fights would be better if they were real fights.
- Goal by Bahm – mmmm bahm. Long time, no goal. Assists were by Amyot and Cheremetiev.
- O’Connor had a nice defensive zone hit on Roussel
- Louis-XVI had a rush and a shot. Give him kisses.
- Damn - the Sags pull up to our bumper with a goal by Jalbert (his second); a short side goal that squeezed between Yetman and the post… or so I am told by
- Ooooh fuckers – sags goal by Hlinka – tied at 3, with less than four minutes remaining.
OT: I was cooking supper – bad time to leave a game, I know.
Tomas Knotek gets a goal on Levesque, Desjardins breaks his stick on the shot and Yuri goes wide. Please stop putting Yuri in on shootouts. No cookies for whomever makes the shootout list. Yetman stopped all three shooters and did his best imitation of a well padded human carousel in celebration. It was enjoyable.
The game stars were: